- The music composer is not allowed to be registered with any copyright society. This includes, but is not limited to, all member societies of BIEM. Please get in touch with us in case of doubts prior to taking part in a compo.
- Entries must not have been released before, and they must be handed in before each deadline.
- There will be a preselection if there are too many entries for a compo (for details see here).
- You have to agree that we’ll spread your contribution (e.g. through scene.org or other sites).
- You may submit a screenshot for your release.
- The organizers reserve the right to make changes to the competition rules and to disqualify any entry which is not suitable for the compo for any reason. This includes anything violating German or international law.
- Deadline for all entries: Tuesday, 09 August 2021 - 00:00:00 CEST
- You can use any tool you want.
- “no rules”.
- All pictures will be shown with the latest version of IrfanView.
- Please hand in pictures with a flawless compression like PNG to ensure the highest quality.
- If you can submit steps of the creation process, they will be shown.
- Pixel/Handdrawn/Photo/Ansi/Ascii anything goes
- In case you submit textmode graphics, please hand in both the original format file and a PNG capture.
- Maximum showing time: 10 minutes. The organizers reserve the right to fade out entries before 10 minutes have passed, if necessary.
- You should prepare your material in 16:9 screen ratio. If you record a video of your entry please try to provide an MP4 in (at least) 1920x1080 resolution.
- Every platform is allowed (e.g. game consoles, mobile devices, oldschool homecomputers etc.)
Breakbeats In The Mix /w H0ffman
If you produce electronic music, chances are high that you enjoy your tracks being spun by a DJ – after all, a DJ mix, be it on the radio or in the club, is dance music’s natural habitat and testing ground! So, like last year, we would like to provide you with exactly such an opportunity – but with a style twist! H0ffman, veteran demoscene musician and DJ, invites you to enter your hottest breakbeat-infused tracks, so that he can present your entries in a hot continuous mix. Want to be part of his digital record bag? The entry titles will be shown on the stream – so you can dance and vote at the same time!
- Format: WAV, MP3, OGG. If you choose to use any other format like MOD or XM, please provide both the original tracker file and a WAV, MP3 or OGG recording.
- Deadline: Tuesday, 10 August 2021.
- Maximum length: 4 minutes. Please take note that, due to the nature of a DJ mix, your track will not be played in full, but blended into the previous or next track. It is completely at H0ffman’s discretion when and how long to play your track.
- Speed: 125 to 140 BPM.
- Your entry has to be previously unreleased and consist of original material, i.e. no remixes and no copyrighted samples.
- You are not allowed to be registered with any copyright society. This includes, but is not limited to, all member societies of BIEM.
- This year, there will be no preselection jury – it is completely at H0ffman’s discretion whether or not to play your track. After all, you can’t force a DJ in the club to play your song either! So, before submitting, think about what kind of music you would expect H0ffman to play, and put some effort in production and mixdown.
- Stylewise, all sorts of breakbeat-based styles within the BPM range are especially encouraged – UK rave/hardcore, nu-skool breaks, future jungle, you name it!
The exact hardware specs of the Compo PC are:
- CPU: Intel Core i9 10900k
- RAM: 32 GB DDR4
- Graphics: nVidia GeForce 3070
- OS: Windows 10 64bit Version 20H2 and latest WHQL NVidia drivers
Hardware and software configuration may change if problems arise with the specified configuration.